Ectomin 100 EC is an ectoparasiticide with cypermethrin high-cis (with 80% cis + 20% transisomers) 100g/L for the control of ticks, fleas, tsetse flies, and biting flies on cattle, chicken, sheep, goats, camels, pigs, cats, and dogs. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid used as an insecticide in large-scale commercial agricultural applications as well as in consumer products for domestic purposes. It behaves as a fast-acting neurotoxin in insects.
Applying Ectomin 100 EC On Chicken
Mix 10ml of ectomin in 10 liters of water and apply as follows;
With the help of a professional sprayer spray the walls, wooden and sheet metal surfaces, windows, or directly on the places where there are insects. If the locations are washed, spray again.
“Immediately after hatching, the chickens keep pecking mites and fleas from under the wing. They keep scratching themselves too. I found immersing them in treated water to be the most effective method after powders failed,” she said.
Njeri said heavy infestation leads to significant loss of weight because the chicken feeds less frequently while brooding while the pests keep ‘taxing’ blood.
Brooding usually takes place in nests, which may be dusty. The continuous warmth from the chicken, she says, supports the multiplication of the parasites.
“Immersion works up to 99 percent because the chemical seeps into the body of the parasites even after the chicken shakes off while drying. As it dries, the paste remains on the body of the pesticide and starts deteriorating its skin,” she said. It is not easy to see parasites. But a keen look into the skin under strong sunlight will show speckling deposits. The deposits are parasite droppings. Caution should be exercised during immersion, she warns. Read more here.
Precautions When Using Ectomin 100 EC
- Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 1 day of treatment.
- Wear protective clothing i.e. face-shield & rubber gloves when handling the concentrated product.
- Wash splashes of the concentrate from the skin immediately using plenty of water.
- If the concentrated solution splashes into the eye, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- If ingested accidentally, seek medical attention immediately.
- Remove heavily contaminated clothing and wash them thoroughly before re-use.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before eating, drinking, and smoking and after treating the livestock.
- Duodip is very dangerous to fish; avoid contamination of ponds and waterways.
- Wash out the empty containers after use and dispose of them safely.
Ectomin 100 EC Packaging
Available in a 100ml bottle.