Actellic 50EC is an effective broad-spectrum insecticide for the control of mosquitoes, flies, ants, wasps, and cockroaches. It can also be used for ULV applications or in thermal fogs.
Active ingredients in Actellic 50EC
500 g/l pirimphos-methyl, an Organophosphate.
How does it work?
Actellic 50EC gives both knock-down activity and long-lasting protection against invasion by a range of insect pests in stored grain. It is a highly effective insecticide with a strong contact, ingestion, and fumigant action in the store.
- Storage Weevils
- Grain weevils
Where To Use Actellic 50EC
- Hotels & restaurants
1 Liter bottle.
- Low-pressure spray
- ULV-Cold Fog
Mix 80ml of Actellic 50EC in 20 liters of water in a sprayer and apply.
For storage: Seed deposits should be treated with automatic systems (cold fog generators) before harvest (end of spring). Close the deposit between 24 and 48 hours. The dosing of cold fog generators is based on their type and specification without exceeding the recommended dose on the surface. For good results, treat when empty.
For stored cereals: Seeds should be treated as soon as possible, as they are loaded onto the storage strip. Seeds showing slight moisture should be dried before treatment. If the drying is not done, it may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment by degrading the insecticide. For the best results in using this product, seed moisture should be kept below 15%. If the humidity is higher, the efficacy and duration of action of the product decrease.
Breaking time for grain treatment
14 days after the treatment for the treated grain.
Key features of Actellic 50EC
- A highly flexible tool for vector control as a residual treatment, space spray, or larvicide
- Controls a wide range of disease-carrying and nuisance pests including mosquitoes, ants, wasps, flies, cockroaches, fleas, and other crawling insects
- Effective against insects that are resistant to other organophosphates, pyrethroid, carbamate, and biological insecticides
The benefits of using Actellic
- Fully endorsed by the WHO Division of Control of Tropical Diseases
- Good persistence on inert surfaces
- Active against insect strains resistant to other products
- Low mammalian toxicity
- Low environmental impact
- Easy to use
- Recommended for vector control by the WHO Pesticide Evaluation Scheme
- Ideal rotation or mixture partner for Icon 10CS in IRS or pyrethroid LLITNs